Is it possible to rent a BMW motorcycle in China?
This is possible. Motorcycle rental has just emerged in China. Although it is not as mature as abroad, it can be rented in major cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Kunming, Chongqing, Xi’an, Urumqi, Changsha, Hangzhou and major tourist destinations. BMW motorcycle. We can also deliver your rented BMW motorcycle to your designated destination location.
What types of BMW motorcycles can you rent in China?
- BMW G310GS
- BMW F750GS
- BMW F800GS
- BMW F800GS ADV
- BMW R1200GS
- BMW R1200GS ADV
What can Road Pioneer offer in terms of BMW motorcycle rentals?
- Chinese motorcycle temporary driving license + Guided motorcycle tours (License + bike rental assist + guide + hotel, and support vehicle & logistics if needed)
- Chinese motorcycle temporary driving license + Self-guided motorcycle tours (License + bike rental assist)
* We usually do not provide a single service for applying for a Chinese motorcycle temporary driving license
* We usually do not provide a single service of just renting a motorcycle.
What documents are needed to apply for a temporary motorcycle license in China?
- Valid Passport
- Valid Chinese Visa
- Valid motorcycle license from your home country
- Chinese translation of motorcycle driver’s license (usually requires translation and stamping by a qualified translation company, we will help you with the translation)
- Accommodation registration certificate issued by the local police station (we assist, some areas require)
- Physical examination (required in some areas, items usually include height, eyesight, color blindness, hearing, torso, neck and limbs). No need to fast or take blood, and glasses are required for those who are near-sighted)
- 1-3 hours of Chinese traffic regulations and precautions (required in some areas)
- At least one year of heavy motorcycle riding experience (Required to join our guided motorcycle tours)
What services can Road Pioneer provide to the BMW Motorrad Club or BMW Motorrad Marketing?
- Temporary motorcycle license + Self-Guided motorcycle tours in China
- Temporary Motorcycle License + Self-Guided motorcycle tours in China
- Customized riding activities and events for BMW Motorcycle Club throughout China
- BMW Motorrad Brand Communication
- BMW Motorrad Customer Relationship Maintenance
BMW motorcycle rental recommended equipment
Helmet, riding pants, boots and gloves, warm clothes and pants (winter and on the plateau)
Deposit for renting a BMW motorcycle in China
A deposit is required, credit cards are not accepted, the motorcycle rental deposit can only be paid in cash or bank transfer. The amount of the deposit depends on the number of days of rental and the value of the motorcycle. The deposit for Chinese brand motorcycles is usually only 300 yuan – 400 yuan per day. The deposit for big international brand motorcycles is usually 2 times or more than 3 times.
Here is an example:
|MFG & Model
|Rental Fee CNY/Day
|BMW F800GS ADV
|BMW R1200GS ADV
BMW Motorcycle Rental Fuel and Engine Oil Costs
Fuel and oil costs are usually not included in either guided motorcycle tours or self-guided motorcycle tours, unless otherwise stated and agreed.
Rent a BMW Motorcycle in China and deliver to designated location
No problem. Fees will vary based on vehicle condition, location of delivery, season, and other factors. Please email for details.
We support returning the bikes to another location, we suppport one-way rental. If you do not want to return to the location where you rented your motorcycle, you can return your rental motorcycle at another location.
I prefer a one-way motorcycle tour, can I join in a one-way motorcycle tour?
Welcome to join in our one-way motorcycle tour. Most of our long distance guided motorcycle tours are one way.
I will carry my own motorcycle, does Road Pioneer offer Ocean Shipping , land transportand and Customs Clearance for my motorcycles?
We only offer motorcycle Ocean Shipping , land transportationand and Customs Clearance to customers who take our motorcycle tours. We do not offer these individual services separately.
- You can ship your motorcycle to China by sea, ride in China and then leave China through land ports, heading to Southeast Asia, or Nepal, or Mongolia, or Central Asia.
- You can ride into China from the land port, ride in China, and then ship the motorcycle to the next destination by sea, or continue to leave China through the land port and go to Southeast Asia, or Nepal, or Mongolia, or Central Asia.
- After you ride your motorcycle to a certain destination in China, we will consign your motorcycle to a maritime port or land port in China, and provide freight forwarding and customs clearance services.
An example: Riders from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam enter China by land from Laos, ride all the way to Everest Base Camp and Lhasa, Tibet, park their motorcycles in Lhasa, and the riders leave Lhasa by train or plane, and we will Consign to shipping port or land port, and provide freight forwarding and customs clearance services.
What are the prices of gasoline and diesel in China (unit: yuan/liter)
No. 92 gasoline 7.89
No. 95 gasoline 8.39
No. 98 gasoline 9.19
No. 0 diesel 7.57
* Prices fluctuate slightly every day, and prices vary slightly from province to province.
Is it safe to ride a motorcycle in China?
In terms of transportation, Chinese roads are usually in very good condition. The mileage of highways ranks first in the world, and China’s national highways, provincial highways and city roads are generally classified as Class I and Class II roads, with high requirements for construction grades and standards, which are the main roads linking the various regions of the country. Tertiary roads are general trunk highways communicating counties and towns above counties. The rural roads that communicate with counties, townships and villages are generally classified as level 4 roads, which are the transportation network roads within the region, and the roads at this level are generally hardened roads paved with cement and gravel. Because of this, however, you need to be more careful when riding a motorcycle in China. Because of the large number of motor vehicles on the road, the many different makes and brands of vehicles, the varying experience of drivers, and the rise of electric vehicles (often with assisted or autonomous driving) in China in recent years, it is important to keep this in mind when riding a motorcycle in China.
In terms of public security, China is one of the safest countries, with the lowest homicide rate, the lowest criminal crime rate, and the fewest gun explosions. There are relatively few criminal crimes, drug crimes, and robbery cases. But you’d better keep your valuables safe.
What is the government’s attitude towards motorcycles?
China is so big that every city has a different attitude towards motorcycles. For example, many cities such as Chengdu, Guiyang, and Kunming do not allow motorcycles over 150cc to enter urban areas (the scope of restrictions is also different). Many provinces also do not allow motorcycles on highways. But there are plenty of motorcycle-friendly destinations too.
Rent BMW G310GS in China
The BMW G310GS is a highly sought-after adventure motorcycle that combines the essence of the BMW brand with the versatility of an adventure motorcycle. This model stands out for its superior handling, powerful engine and flexible adaptability, making it ideal for both city roads and rugged wilderness adventures.
Rent a BMW F750GS in China
As an upgraded model of the F700GS, the BMW F750GS series has undergone major changes in configuration and appearance. In terms of positioning, the F750GS is a rally model that is biased toward road settings.
Rent a BMW F800GS in China
This model is the sportiest model in the vast GS range. This model continues its long track record of success, offering outstanding versatility on and off the road: the ultimate all-purpose off-road motorcycle with a sporty flair. In particular, the front section of the body has been significantly modified: new fuel tank exterior, air intake snorkel, upper fender and new windshield, giving this motorcycle super power performance and fully demonstrating the F 800 GS Strong ability in off-road.
Rent BMW F800GS ADV in China
Powered by a powerful 63 kW (85 hp) parallel-twin engine, the BMW F800 GS Adventure helps you escape the hustle and bustle of the city with ease. With 83 Nm of torque, this off-road vehicle has enough power to handle the most demanding off-road challenges with ease. With a 24-liter fuel tank and a fuel consumption of just 4.3 liters per 100 kilometers at 90 km/h, it can cover long distances that other models cannot match. Whether it’s sand dunes, mountain roads or rivers, the F 800 GS Adventure can handle it with ease.
Rent BMW R1200GS in China
BMW R 1200 GS, the representative of all endurance car series. For 32 years, the “GS” has been defining its status and has proven itself to be a reliable companion on any motorcycle riding adventure. BMW Motorrad now opens a new chapter in its history of success, once again perfecting the classic R 1200 GS. The same R 1200 GS, the same feeling – full power in every condition. Powerful, precise and fast.
Rent BMW R1200GS ADV in China
Are you keen on adventure and long journeys? Craving rugged roads and gravel-strewn trails in the wilderness? There are also asphalt roads, off-road roads, gravel, sand… These challenges are completely unstoppable for the new generation of BMW R 1200 GS Adventure with its flexible handling. This machine is a touchstone for brave people to test their limits, and it is also a powerful weapon to help adventurers surpass themselves! Simply summed up in one sentence: R 1200 GS Adventure was born for the souls who long for true adventure, and makes the entire adventure process full of joy and passion.